Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So look,
I don't want to elongate the moments that should stand by themselves
Or take issue with things that are reality
But the thing is I know we stand against space,
I looked at the sky too long once when I was young and saw the stars
And think we could be there.

So, look,
You can't ask of me what I can't give because the truth is,
I'd give what I have for you, however small that is,
But the thing is, the war ended where I began
And I've never given up fighting it. And that's where
We can start to fight:

Because, look,
The sun hits hot for a few seconds every day against cement
And melts the snow that otherwise would linger
And that's how it is for me.
But the thing is, believe me, the way the concrete hits my eyes
Is against my face, the solid grey of those things is only illuminated
By the fact I can lose myself in your sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment