Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Look, pt. 2

So I saw the way the sun hit across the western sky
And shattered its light across the plains.
I was young enough to still think the way it hit was..
What was it?
beyond concept. The way you dance against an Irish air
And dance so that it would move.
Really, though, look,
I cannot tell you how the sunlight hits the western plains,
Gathers itself and breaks itself,
It is.. is its own entity. I want to show you with my mouth against your neck
Because that's all it would let me set.

Worst case, you'll never see.
Lemme describe:
The prairie grass turns to blood, hits red,
The sky seems larger than it should be,
And I ache so much to have you next to me
for no reason -- not sex, not reality --
that I cannot, will not, go beyond sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment