Saturday, December 11, 2010

Catholic Youth

Every appearance that manifests human beings thus becomes for them improper and factitious, and makes them confront the task of turning truth into their own proper truth. -Giorgio Agamben

Something changed last night that you should know.
I worked the problem in my mind the way that Abraham held
His son against his chest and knew that it was all of me
And I must murder it.

This is my confession.
Bless me father; I haven't sinned.

I am broken beyond bearing
Pushed past performance,
And what I have is yours.

This is my own truth, that fear is is my stain.
And my deepest secret: you've terrified me out of fear.
I would burn myself again and again at your fire,
I would push past the presence to you as person.
Can you meet me here, where we are people?

I am in the dark. If you cannot come, I worship still.
Here in the darkness, I sing.
Without words and nameless, I sing.
Here at your feet and broken, I sing.
I am in the dark. If you cannot come, I worship still.

No comments:

Post a Comment