Sunday, April 25, 2010

Meditation on Dream-Logic

I dreamed last night that one of my coworkers, the sort of only friend/not/friend I have it seems, was a hermaphrodite. And I know this because I had to pull thorns out of her foot with my teeth, and they were sharp, and I tasted my blood, and I knew: And I knew in the way that you always don't know. I believe in the negative logic, that things can only not match precisely and can never exactly overlap in positivity.
Because the irony of the dream vision is what I can't put in to words, I can say:
It wasn't about sex.
Or money,
Or sex,
or power,
or sex,
and what it was most nearly not about
was that we all don't see each other naked
and even here I am clothing myself
By saying what it was not,
And that I'm glad I was able to help a friend
If only in a dream.

1 comment: